HP Pavilion Elite HPE-190t comes power packed with a robust system that is capable of handling a lot of content and graphics. Its’ Intel Core i7 6-core Extreme Edition with a RAM of 9 GB (upgradable up to 24) provides enough speed, performance and power. It contains a Blu-ray player and Lightscribe SuperMulti burner as its primary optical drive for a good output. The system comes pre-loaded with Windows 7, 64 bit system that provides a pleasant user experience.
Even though your HP Pavilion Elite HPE-190t is quite a robust system still there are instances that may lead to its registry keys getting corrupted. This may lead to the system slowing down and it being vulnerable to other threats that would harm the system. So it is advisable to seek computer support and let the experts help in resolving this issue instantly. But first it is essential to know about registry key and also about the possible causes behind its corruption.
What is a registry key?
Registry is a software code which is responsible for holding vital information about the entire system in one place. This information comprises the hardware component and devices, computer memory set up, applications and programs that are currently running and installed on the system. It is a vital part of Windows and is essential in keeping the system running smoothly. If it suffers any damage or harm then the functioning of the system is hampered. This is why it is essential to keep a regular check on the proper functioning of the registry.
Reasons for corrupted registry keys:
Let us now find out what are the possible causes behind a corrupted registry:
1. Uninstalling a program: During the process of uninstalling any particular program the user often does not follow the proper procedure. When appropriate steps for removing or uninstalling a program are not followed it causes damage to the registry.
2. Improper operations: This is yet another reason for a corrupt registry. When you are attempting to shut down your system you tend to forget to exit it properly. Improper closure of programs, applications that are currently in use are harmful for the registry of your HP Pavilion Elite HPE-190t. This leads to damage and might even erase the registry key.
3. Virus issues: Virus attack is the most common reason that leads to a damaged registry. Potential threats like spyware, malware, virus and Trojans may cause harm to registry too. This can also lead to a system crash.
Fixing damaged registry:
In order to fix the registry you require a Windows 7 installation disc.
Undertake the following steps to fix the damaged registry:
1. First insert the installation disk of Windows 7 disk
2. Now turn on the system
3. Choose the language option from the disk
4. Click to choose ‘Repair’ your computer option to initiate repair process
5. Now select the Windows 7 OS
6. Click to choose ‘Startup Repair’ tool
7. Wait for the process of repair to complete
After undertaking the above mentioned steps for repairing the registry the system should run smoothly. If any problem persists then you can contact computer support provider to guide you with the steps for fixing registry and help you resolve it.